Here at Peaches, our Product of the Month for August is Udder Delights Cheese! We’ve brought this delicious range of cheeses all the way from South Australia to add to the vast range of Fremantle options and give you another option for cheese.
Whether you’re into cheese platters at parties, a bit of crackers and cheese in the lunchbox, or a cheese-inspired beer-o’clock on a Sunday arvo, Udder Delights has something for everyone. With that in mind, here’s a quick highlight reel to get the taste buds (and food ideas) going:
Goat’s Camembert: If you’re on the hunt for a bit of variety in your cheese, going after a goat’s milk cheese can provide you with a great new taste experience. At Udder delights, they’ve taken the old favourite Camembert and put a twist on it by using goat’s milk. The powers that be know that the inside of the Camembert round can be so decadent and soft that it is advised you carefully cut a lid off the top of the round to keep any plates or platters mess-free. Then, dip away!
Marinated Chevré: This delightful marinated offering is jarred in a delicious mix of oil, garlic, and herbs. The recommended way to enjoy this cheese is to dip crusty bread in the oil, then spread the cheese onto it. How good does that sound? We think it’s a winning combination.
Heysen Blue: Blue cheese is a truly acquired taste. But when it is acquired – boy what a taste it is! This blue cheese is carefully prepared to deliver a mild and fruity cheese to enjoy in cooking, on crackers or even by itself.
Goat Curd: For something really different to your average cheese, grab some goat curd. Spread over fresh bread, this is a great product to enjoy with a full-bodied wine. Its unique texture and refreshing finish make this a must for any foodie – and we know how many there are in Perth!
And now, just because we want to give you all the different ways to enjoy Udder Delights Cheese, here’s a delicious recipe to enjoy!
CAMEMBERT WITH BLUE CHEESE, FIGS AND PORT SAUCE
- 200gm Udder Delights “Adelaide Hills Camembert”
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Port
- 1 cup dried figs, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup Udder Delights “Heysen Blue Cheese”, crumbled
- Chopped fresh chives
- 1 French bread baguette, sliced into rounds, lightly toasted
- Brush Camembert on all sides with egg, then coat with breadcrumbs. Place on foil-lined plate and cover.
- Bring Port to simmer in heavy small saucepan over medium heat. Add figs; simmer until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer figs to small bowl. Add sugar to Port in pan; boil until reduced to thick syrup, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Pour syrup over figs. (Cheese and figs can be prepared 3 hours ahead. Refrigerate cheese. Let figs stand at room temperature.)
- Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add Camembert and cook until breadcrumbs are brown and cheese is warm, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to platter. Top with blue cheese, figs and syrup. Sprinkle with chives and surround with toasts.
Source: Udder Delights Cheese
Beyond what’s featured in this recipe, let’s not forget that Peaches also stock a range of product that can complement your selection of cheese, such as breads, crackers and cold meats. So come on into Peaches and grab yourself some Udder Delights’ cheese – our Product of the Month for August. Udderly Delightful!