With Christmas just one month away, it’s time to sit down and think about gifts to give to your loved ones to show just how much you are care about them. Homemade gifts are the perfect way to do this! Nothing says caring quite like a gift that comes from the heart and made with your own two hands. We’ve come up with the top five homemade gifts ideas which are both simple and cost-effective but more importantly, they’re sweet enough to make anyone feel special on this joyous holiday.
1. Stuck in a jam? Well not anymore!
Nothing gets you into the Christmas spirit quite like making your own jam! Jam is simple to make and takes advantage of those lovely fresh seasonal fruits such as strawberries, blueberries and raspberries for a great tasting and vibrant spread. Placing your homemade jam into a sweet jar decorated with a personalised name label and ribbons will add the perfect touch to your thoughtful gift.
We’ve found the perfect recipe for a simple raspberry jam to get you started here. Don’t forget to stop at Peaches for your raspberries! We’re one of the few stores in Perth, which supply beautiful fresh raspberries daily
2. This gift makes scents! Who doesn’t love the smell of Christmas and the happy memories associated with these delicious scents? Keep these feelings lingering all year round by creating your own potpourri to give to your friends and family. This creative idea will bring joy to your friend’s homes and stand out from the clutter of other standard holiday gifts.
One of our favourites is definitely a delicious cranberry and cinnamon mix which will put anyone in a good mood.
3. Get your dancing shoes on, it’s time to Salsa! To break away from the dessert trend of Christmas, try a vibrant and tasty salsa to win over everyone at dinner. By using the freshest ingredients available and a whole lot of heart, you can create a delicious salsa which professional restaurants can be jealous of!
4. Scrub-a-dub-dub Christmas can sure be a stressful time of the year! Take the opportunity to pamper your loved ones and help them relax by creating your own sugar scrub. This Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub will be the perfect way to help your family and friends wind down after a long day and keep in touch with their Christmas spirit. It will also help keep skin looking smooth and moisturised.
5. Smart cookie!Baking is one of the most simple and sweetest Christmas traditions around. Cookies will appeal to your friend’s sweet tooth and will ensure happiness throughout this holiday season. Even if you’re not an expert baker, we’ve found some simple recipes which will help your talents shine in the kitchen. These rich and tasty shortbread biscuits are a standard Christmas favourites which your loved ones will absolutely adore!
With these five wonderful homemade Christmas ideas, you will show your loved ones just how much you appreciate them and create happy memories for years to come.