30-minute, creamy, vegan-friendly pasta made with almond milk and enriched with rich garlic and baked tomatoes. This quick and easy recipe is perfect for all our fellow vegan/dairy free friends.
All you will need is:
- 3 cups of small tomatoes, halved
- 300 grams of whole wheat pasta
- 2 medium shallots, diced
- Olive oil
- 8 large garlic cloves, minced
- Sea salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 3 cups plain, unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 200 C and toss tomatoes in a bit some quality olive oil and sea salt. Place tomatoes on a lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Prepare a large pot of water and bring to boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions. When finished cooking, drain and set aside.
- Prepare the sauce by putting a large skillet over medium heat. Then add 1 Tbsp of olive oil, the garlic and the shallots. Add salt and pepper and stir frequently. Cook for 3 minutes until soft.
- Stir in 3 Tbsp flour and mix. Then add the almond milk slowly so that lumps don’t form. Mix for a good 4 minutes so that it thickens.
- Add pasta and roasted tomatoes and stir.
- Garnish with salt/pepper and basil.
This super easy recipe is low in carbs (60g), low in sugar (5g) and full of fibre (8.5g), and the best thing about it is that it can be cooked and ready to eat in only 30 minutes!