The number one quality that takes your meals to the next level is passion.
Our product of the month is Brookfarm – a family business with a focus on good, slow food.
Brookfarm is one of Australia’s leading producers of premium quality macadamia products.
The story begins with Pam and Martin Brook’s dream to move to the country and transform a run-down dairy farm in the Byron Bay hinterland into a working macadamia farm.
The award winning range is produced in the company’s bakehouse, using the best ingredients available.
Brookfarm sold their very first products – toasted and natural muesli – at the local Bangalow market in 2000.
Pam created the recipes in the family kitchen whilst Martin and their sons, Will and Eddie, loaded the car and began a journey to take Brookfarm around the world.
What we love about Brookfarm is that they focus on sustainability and feeling good about the impact they have on our earth.
To them it’s not just a concept or a “nice-to-have” it’s the basis of everything they do.
The company has planted more than 35,000 new rainforest trees, and has been using natural farming practices.
The company has a great range of muesli, bircher, granola, paleo powerfood, porrij, bars, macadamia oil, trail mix, and of course, macadamia nuts.
They are great for everything from breakfast toppers to afternoon snacks, to post-workout bites or something sweet to nibble on after dinner.
Brookfarm has a wide variety of flavours, which makes them amazing on top of cereal or salad.
The thing we love about macadamias is they are a source of vitamin A, iron, protein, thiamine, riboflavin and niacin.
They also contain small amounts of selenium, calcium, phosphorus, potassium and magnesium.
Not only that, but they are also super sweet, are full of energy and are great for cooking.
Peaches stock the full range of Brookfarm products and we can’t wait for you to give it a go!
To start off the inspiration, here is a recipe for Muesli Hedgehog Slice.
Muesli Hedgehog Slice
Serves 16 Prep time: 10 minutes + chilling time Cook time: 5 minutes
For the Muesli Hedgehog Slice
- ¼ cup organic coconut cream
- 200g dark chocolate (45% cocoa solids), chopped roughly
- 2 cups Brookfarm Gluten Free Muesli
- ½ cup desiccated coconut, plus 2 tbsp extra
- ¼ cup shelled salted pistachios
- Extra pistachios, cranberries and macadamias to top
To prepare the Muesli Hedgehog Slice
- Line a square 20cm slice tin with baking paper.
- Place coconut cream in a small saucepan and heat over low heat until it comes to a simmer. Remove from heat and add chopped chocolate. Stir, until chocolate is glossy and melted.
- Place muesli, ½ cup desiccated coconut and pistachios in a large bowl and mix well. Add half of the melted chocolate and stir to combine. Spoon mixture over base of tin, pressing gently into corners.
- Add the extra 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut to the remaining melted chocolate and mix. Pour over the slice and spread evenly.
- Top with extra pistachios, cranberries and macadamias.
- Refrigerate overnight or until firm then turn on to a board and cut into 16 squares.
You can pick your ingredients at Peaches Fresh Food today!
Tag us in all of your Brookfarm creations at #peachescreations.